July 16, 2019
Located in the Montreal Area
Our client is a construction contractor and is well-established in Quebec. They specialize in foundation work and serve a residential, commercial, and industrial client base. They are currently looking for a buyer.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the Vice President of Operations, you will be responsible for the procurement of products, equipment, and materials, all at the lowest possible cost. In addition, you will implement and manage a supply management system. As such, you will:
- Establish purchasing budgets based on current and future needs, based on data from past purchases and on market trends;
- Keep track of developments at the company in order to identify the different levels of production and supply;
- Manage and control inventory to support unfilled orders;
- Select products, establish order quantities, and set list prices, all the while respecting the standards established by the company;
- Find suppliers and subcontractors and negotiate contracts, prioritizing the best quality for the price;
- Order materials, equipment, vehicles, and suppliers for the company from selected suppliers;
- Follow up on deliveries in a timely manner;
- Carry out any other task related to your duties.
- College diploma in business administration, college certificate in supply management, or any other relevant education/training;
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience;
- Experience working in the construction industry;
- Comfortable working in a small- to medium-sized business environment with various branches;
- Proficient with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and computerized order management systems;
- Bilingual (spoken and written French and English);
- Leadership, good judgment, organizational skills, initiative, autonomy.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.