Engineer - Municipal Engineering
February 05, 2019
Located in the Lanaudière Region
Our client is a municipality in the Lanaudière region. They are currently looking for an engineer (municipal engineering) for their engineering department.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the head of the engineering department, you will be tasked with managing activities related to construction or repair work on infrastructure, with coordinating and controlling various work projects, and with ensuring that the standards and budgets associated with these projects are respected. In addition, you will take part in implementing procedures and programs aimed at continual improvement in order to achieve the department's strategic goals, as well as those of the City. As such, you will:
- Plan, design, oversee, and control civil engineering projects related to municipal services involving construction projects or repairs to municipal infrastructure and other municipal equipment;
- Analyze, evaluate, and verify the technical quality of plans and specifications for projects brought forward by consulting firms;
- Follow up on contracts awarded to outside consultant firms, in compliance with the requirements set out by engineering department management;
- Prepare and write up calls to tender for professional services, evaluate cost estimates, and follow up with suppliers;
- Prepare expert reports and feasibility studies, and distribute the costs of infrastructure for taxation;
- Provide technical support and planning support for the various departments and directorates and answer requests from citizens and builders concerning municipal services;
- Maintain good relations with the various city departments and staff members, providing a suitable level of service that meets citizens' expectations;
- Take part in meetings and serve on various internal committees when your presence is required by your superior;
- Carry out any other task related to your duties.
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering or construction engineering;
- Over 5 years of experience that is relevant to the position;
- Member in good standing of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec;
- Knowledge of optimal storm water management practices;
- Knowledge of SWMM software and aqueduct balancing (an asset);
- Highly proficient with advanced use of software such as Microsoft Office and AutoCAD;
- Strong planning, organizational, and control skills;
- Well versed in the issues related to operational and administrative processes related to the areas of activity involved in an engineering department;
- Excellent knowledge of municipal infrastructure project management.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.