February 13, 2019
Located in the Montérégie region
Our client is a company that specializes in processing and producing materials (derivatives of natural stones). They are currently looking for a maintenance supervisor for their plant located in the Montérégie region.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the plant superintendent, your job will mainly consist of supervising and overseeing the maintenance department and the team made up of about twenty people, in addition to contributing to the management of various projects in the plant. As such, you will:
- Provide leadership to ensure that the highest standards are achieved and maintained in terms of safety, personnel, quality and efficiency;
- Foster and promote a positive work environment, as well as a committed team;
- Examine, identify, and organize training needs in order to develop the skills and capabilities of the maintenance team (which includes mechanical and electrical workers);
- Regularly follow up on the work of the maintenance team as they carry out their assigned tasks in order to ensure that the work is done safely and efficiently, and also to share advice and give positive feedback;
- Serve as a technical resource and advisor to the members of the maintenance team and your colleagues;
- Take on the responsibility of planning, scheduling, coordinating, and supervising all work to be done on preventive maintenance, emergency repairs, and routine work orders;
- Take part in communication and coordination between the Maintenance, Production, Management, and other groups within the company;
- Take on the responsibility of managing and improving condition-based maintenance and fault analysis programs as part of the plant's overall preventive maintenance strategy;
- Efficiently manage the inventory of regular and essential spare parts;
- Be on call on weekends in rotation with other members of the management team;
- Communicate and work in cooperation with the production staff to ensure that equipment uptime is maintained as high as possible;
- Carry out any other tasks related to your duties.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or automated production engineering, college diploma in mechanical engineering, or other equivalent combinations of experience and education;
- Significant experience in maintenance team management;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, leadership skills (able to motivate, coach, and train people);
- Good organizational skills and ability to mange multiple priorities;
- Computer skills, including with Microsoft software;
- Knowledge of French and English.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.