Mechanical Engineer (Design)
April 03, 2019
Located in the Montérégie region
Our client is a company that offers engineering and manufacturing services in the fields of industrial automation as well as electromechanical and electrohydraulic systems; they also distribute parts for various sectors, in particular for the pharmaceutical, cosmetic, and agri-food industries. They are currently looking for a mechanical design engineer.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the department director, your job will mainly consist of producing equipment designs in accordance with the client's needs, providing manufacturing support and working with the various parties involved with the company. As such, you will:
- Design new equipment using SolidWorks software;
- Prepare bids for projects (cost estimates, product research, writing up bids, etc.);
- Study the feasibility of project requests in cooperation with the director;
- Update project files (documents, reports, designs, etc.), as well as the computer system;
- Accompany representatives, as needed, for visits of a technical nature (gathering specific data, making the case for a certain choice of technology, etc.);
- Produce manufacturing plans and the corresponding bills of materials;
- Make sure that designs that will be used as a reference for the manufacturing of equipment are compliant with requirements;
- If required, take part in the commissioning of manufactured equipment;
- Control project development stages with regards to budgets and deadlines;
- Support both in-house and external clients in using the products distributed and manufactured by the company;
- Simulate problems in order to find, test, and validate solutions;
- Provide general or specialized training sessions (delivered in our offices or on site with clients);
- Take part in solving quality problems when they arise;
- Carry out any other task related to your duties.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering;
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant design experience;
- 3D design software skills;
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook);
- Good knowledge of mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic elements and their properties;
- Excellent command of spoken and written French and intermediate level of English;
- Member in good standing of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec with the title of Senior Engineer or in the process of obtaining it;
- Available to travel on occasion to meet with clients; valid passport required.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.