Technical Lead, system quality assurance (SQA)
September 27, 2019
Located in Montréal
Our client is a company specializing in the development and sales of highly adaptable advanced detection solutions, primarily for the transport sector (automotive, drones, industrial and commercial vehicles, etc.). They have an international client base. In order to pursue their significant growth, our client is currently looking for a technical lead – system quality assurance.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the engineering manager, your job will be to build, coach, mentor, and oversee a System Quality Assurance (QAS) team whose mission is to ensure the highest standards of quality and functional safety are achieved for each new release of our new platform. As such, you will:
- Determine the technologies, tools and methods used by his team ;
- Supervise, coach, inspire and motivate team members ;
- Ensures that the work, methods, procedures and standards are followed by the members of his team in accordance with the requirements (ISO-26262) ;
- Lead evaluation, estimation and follow-up activities of test efforts ;
- Responsible for improving the test function by developing new strategies that will help speed up fault detection and ensure the highest standards of quality ;
- Work in a multidisciplinary matrix engineering context consisting of software development, hardware, microelectronics, system architecture and quality control teams ;
- Responsible for the evolution, architecture, design and development of the test platform and the test laboratory ;
- Works in conjunction with other external multidisciplinary development teams by sharing appropriate guidelines, support and documentation ;
- Participate in meetings relevant to his function ;
- Provides collaboration to co-workers ;
- Collaborates in the administrative procedures of the organization ;
- Keeps up to date with knowledge ;
- Carry out any other task related to your duties.
- Bachelor's degree in computer engineering, electrical engineering, physical engineering or other relevant field ;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in system quality assurance ;
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a leadership role ;;
- Has a good knowledge of electronic systems ;
- Good knowledge of test devices such as: high-speed waveform generator, oscilloscope, logic analyzer, power source, etc. and of characteristics of electrical signals such as: Jitter, signal propagation delay, bandwidth, signal synchronization at very high speed ;
- Has scripting skills (Python (Required), Linux Bash, MS PowerShell, C) (asset) ;
- Knowledge of software versioning systems (Git, Perforce, Gitlab) ;
- Knowledge of Application Life Management Tool (ALM) (CodeBeamer, Polarion, HP Quality Center) ;
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration Systems (Jenkins, Gitlab CI) ;
- Experience in "V-Cycle" development and Agile development methods ;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, in both French and English ;
- Test expertise in a standardized environment such as medical, avionics or automotive ;
- To be able to work under pressure and with varying schedules.
Salary and condition
Salary and condition according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.