October 04, 2019
Located on the south shore near Montreal
Our client is an engineering consulting firm specializing in design, repair, and training in the areas of industrial ventilation, fire/explosion protection, dust removal, and environment (air treatment). They are currently looking for a mechanical designer/draftsperson.
Nature of position
Under the responsibility of the project manager, your job will be to develop plants for various industrial projects and to take part in the various steps of basic design, detail drawings, site surveys, and supervision of installation. As such, you will:
- Draw up layout plans ;
- Perform surveying in an industrial setting ;
- Produce mechanical drawings (industrial ventilation, dust removal, etc.) ;
- Create 3D representations and isometric drawings ;
- Manage the list and revisions of drawings for each project with which you are involved ;
- Apply the company's design and quality standards ;
- Take part in the concept development with the engineers ;
- Produce 2D and 3D process layouts ;
- Carry out any other task related to your duties.
- College diploma in mechanical engineering, vocational diploma in industrial drawing, or other relevant education/training ;
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience ;
- Proficient with AutoCAD and the MS Office suite ;
- Proficiency with 3D design software (SolidWorks, etc.) is an asset ;
- Functionally bilingual (French and English) ;
- Experience in the air treatment sector is considered a significant asset.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.