Our client is a consultant firm specializing in energy efficiency, offering a full range of specialized engineering and sustainable building services. They are currently looking for a project manager for commissioning HVAC and refrigeration equipment.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the head of operations, you will be responsible for the execution of the commissioning of new buildings, from start to finish. This includes quality assurance for technical aspects of HVAC, refrigeration and electromechanicals during the design, construction, and warrantee period of equipment. As such, you will:
- Write up plans for commissioning;
- Write up or validate the owner’s requirements;
- Go over the broad strokes of the design;
- Coordinate commissioning project activities, including planning meetings and schedules;
- Prepare prefunctional and functional checklists for equipment;
- Prepare performance verification protocols and manage the execution of HVAC, refrigeration, and electromechanical system performance tests;
- See to it that the owner’s requirements regarding training of building operations and maintenance personnel are met;
- Keep a log of any problem with deficiency or non-compliance;
- Write up a systems manual that provides the staff operating the system with the information needed to understand and optimize the operations of systems being commissioned;
- Complete all documentation for commissioning, including the commissioning plan, the minutes from meetings, and the commissioning report;
- Carry out any other task related to your duties.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or electrical engineering, College Diploma in in building mechanicals or other relevant education;
- Minimum of five years of relevant experience with commissioning, design, operation, and maintenance of HVAC, refrigeration, or control systems;
- Well-acquainted with programs related to LEED certification;
- Theoretical and practical skills related to energy efficiency in commercial, institutional, and recreation building systems;
- Skills and experience with planning and project management;
- Fluent in spoken and written English (a significant asset);
- Skilled in verbal communication for building site meetings;
- Skilled in writing technical reports.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.