Health/Safety, Security and Environment Supervisor
October 15, 2018
Located in the Montreal Area
Our client is a large-scale company specializing in the rolling and casting of metal products. They are currently looking for a health/safety, security, and environment supervisor.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the head of human resources, your job will be to manage all aspects of health, safety, security, and environment, as well as to support the organization in reaching all of its health and safety objectives and all of its organizational decisions. As such, you will:
- Lead health and safety committee meetings, take charge of agendas and minutes, and follow up on various issues;
- Take charge of all communications related to health, safety, and the environment;
- Take part in numerous meetings related to occupational health and safety (coordination meetings, production meetings, monthly North American health and safety meetings, etc.);
- Take charge of all communications with the prevention mutual for all things related to CSST files (workmen's compensation);
- Provide support for all the organization's projects, mainly including safety and environmental aspects;
- Manage statistical reports for health and safety (HRHFM, ZOOM, Collaborative Workplace, etc.);
- Support the company’s health, safety, and environment standards;
- Manage the prevention program (developing it, monitoring it, updating it);
- Support supervisors and assistant supervisors from all departments in their work in order to make them more aware of health, safety, and environmental considerations;
- Manage all communications with the CSST (health and safety board), CLSC (local community service centre, regarding the prevention program), and other parties involved in health, safety, and environment;
- Manage safety and environment during special events at the plant in Montréal-Est (family visits, visits from other companies);
- Manage purchasing of safety equipment and monitor said equipment;
- Support the prevention representative, working with him on certain aspects of health and safety;
- Contribute to internal quality audits (ISO);
- Promote safety and environment awareness among workers and oversee health, safety, and environment training for certain sectors of the plant;
- Take charge of analyses of critical tasks, conservative methods, and health, safety, and environment procedures (ensuring they are followed, applying corrective measures);
- Contribute to the work of the human resources department (statistical reports, medical expertise);
- Take charge of drawing up an action plan for updating all health, safety, and environment training sessions;
- Provide support for and help follow up on inspection reports in the event of a workplace incident or accident;
- Follow up on all health, safety, and environment audits, and participate in North American health, safety, and environment audits;
- Oversee the company's security resources (administration of the gate, supervision of the work of the 5 security guards, and evacuation procedures for entrance to /exit from the site);
- Carry out any other task related to your duties.
- Relevant occupational health and safety training;
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience with occupation health and safety and environment;
- Bilingual (spoken and written French and English);
- Thorough knowledge of laws and regulations related to workplace accidents and work-related illness;
- Experience in the manufacturing sector;
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, and Outlook);
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.