June 19, 2018
Located in the Montreal Area
Our client is a rapidly growing company specializing in the design, manufacture, and installation of treatment processes for drinking water, wastewater, sludge and organic matter. They are currently looking for a process engineer.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the head of engineering and working in cooperation with the sales team and project leads, your job will mainly consist of designing water treatment systems (drinking water, wastewater, and process water), using the company's technologies as well as those of partners and suppliers, both municipal and industrial. In addition, you will lend your support to the company's innovation and development group. As such, you will:
- Examine or evaluate process requirements;
- Develop process architecture;
- Write up specifications and design criteria for processes;
- Draw up process flow diagrams (PFD), piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&ID), plant layouts and evaluations;
- Write up and review equipment specifications;
- Define user needs;
- Define the project's scope;
- Take part in detailed engineering work;
- Prepare cost and scheduling estimates;
- Prepare quotes for the purchase and installation of process equipment;
- Validate shop drawings from suppliers;
- Evaluate bids from suppliers and contractors;
- See to it that contractual obligations are fulfilled;
- Help analyze and evaluate solutions to technical problems;
- Actively contribute to the continual improvement of products, processes, and work procedures;
- Carry out any other task related to your duties.
- Bachelor's degree in chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, or any other relevant studies;
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience;
- Experience with water treatment;
- Familiar with process flow diagrams, piping and instrumentation diagrams, and hydraulic profiles;
- Proficient with Outlook, Excel, Word, and MS Project;
- Bilingual (spoken and written French and English);
- Knowledge of AutoCAD is considered an asset.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.