June 11, 2019
Located in the Chaudière-Appalaches Region
Our client is a company that is well-established in the business of manufacturing custom-made doors and windows made of PVC, steel, aluminum, or wood. They are currently looking for a production supervisor.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the production manager, your job will mainly consist of supervising the production and shipping activities of the various departments. As such, you will:
- Plan and coordinate the work done by employees on a day-to-day basis so as to reach objectives in various sectors;
- Ensure that the production objectives are met by using resources at optimal efficiency;
- On a daily basis, follow up on relevant issues with the various parties involved in the day shift;
- Ensure that workplace health and safety standards, policies and procedures, and the company's collective agreement are respected and consistently applied;
- Apply and maintain programs related to personnel management, the training process, quality control, and equipment maintenance;
- Take part in operational planning and ensure that you have the necessary labour, raw materials, equipment, tools, and parts in order to achieve production objectives;
- Recommend measures aimed at increasing productivity and improving working methods;
- Contribute to improvements in work organization and production methods based on the principles of continual improvement in keeping with the company's strategies;
- Carry out any other task related to your duties.
- College technical diploma in administration, industrial engineering, or production management, or any other relevant education/experience;
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in the manufacturing sector;
- Experience working in a Lean manufacturing environment;
- Knowledge of continual improvement tools (DMS, RDP, 5S, PDCA, PVA);
- Good computer skills: Word, Excel, and Outlook;
- Dedicated to health and safety.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.