Our client is a company that specializes in designing, manufacturing, and installing custom furniture for kitchens, bathrooms, and various types of integrated furniture for the house, as well as turnkey renovation projects (kitchen and bathroom). They are currently looking for a project manager for their high-end residential division.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the projects director, along with company management, your job will mainly consist of coordinating various projects, both internally and externally with various parties involved and with clients. This work must be done in keeping with the original contract, with cost control and schedules, and to the satisfaction of the client. As such, you will:
- Prepare contract reviews based on different management steps;
- Understand and analyze technical needs for manufacturing and installation;
- Establish schedules in cooperation with the people responsible for purchasing and production;
- Monitor various steps in carrying out a project (design, production start-up, purchasing, and production);
- Plan transport of materials and installation teams;
- Manage CNESST and CCQ files on construction sites;
- Provide effective management of defective work;
- Coordinate billing and follow up on payments;
- Establish effective, harmonious communications with clients in order to provide top-notch customer service;
- Take part in various coordination meetings with other departments;
- Carry out any other task related to your duties.
- College diploma in civil engineering or in architecture, bachelor's degree in civil engineering, construction engineering, or architecture, or any other relevant studies;
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience;
- Knowledgeable of the construction/renovations sector;
- Strong management, communication, negotiation, and problem solving skills;
- Functional English communication skills (speaking and writing);
- Knowledge of the MS Office Suite and AutoCAD software;
- Able to travel to different sites in the greater Montreal area;
- Experience in the field of cabinetmaking is considered an asset.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.