Technical Sales Representative (instrumentation / control / automation)
December 20, 2019
Located in the Montreal area
Our client is a distributor of instrumentation, control, and process automation equipment, firmly established in Canada for over 75 years. They serve clients in the fields of process, environment, manufacturing, and engineering consulting. They are currently looking for a sales representative for their office in Montreal.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the sales director, your job will be to carry out business development for the company by serving as a sales representative and providing support for all types of technical issues, serving various industrial clients and engineering firms. In addition, you will provide outstanding customer service. As such, you will:
- Work with management to write up a sales strategy based on the territories and type of clients to be prioritized;
- Carry out prospecting and solicitation of potential clients and perform a thorough follow-up;
- Promote products with a view to having clients specify them;
- Solicit sales from all existing and potential clients and suggest all lines of products that the company offers;
- Take part in trade shows and inform clients of the prices and conditions of sale of products;
- Analyze client needs, read and understand specifications in order to suggest suitable solutions;
- Select components based on the client's needs;
- Negotiate sales agreements with clients and ensure that the terms agreed upon in the purchase order are respected;
- Stay on top of market developments for your clients' sectors and projects in order to propose an action plan aimed at growing the company and developing its strategic goals;
- Act as the contact person for clients having technical difficulties;
- Carry out any other task related to your duties.
- Bachelor's degree or college diploma in mechanical engineering or electrical engineering, or college diploma in industrial electronics, or other relevant studies;
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience;
- Bilingual (spoken and written French and English);
- Knowledge of instrumentation and/or control and/or automation;
- Knowledge of the MS Office suite.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.