Our client is a construction contractor specializing in civil engineering work (waterworks, sewers, infrastructure, etc.). They are well-established in Montérégie and they enjoy an excellent reputation. They are currently looking for a Project Manager.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of company management, your job will be to produce cost estimates for projects that the company has decided to bid on or been invited to tender; you will also help manage various civil engineering projects. As such, you will:
- Participate in the management of various civil engineering projects;
- Take part in the preparation of bids and assessments;
- Establish work schedules;
- Plan working teams;
- Take part in the implementation of budgets for various projects and produce various reports;
- Bring to light potential risks on projects being bid on;
- Follow up the project costs;
- Communicate with clients about any questions relating to projects;
- Prepare preliminary budgets for certain projects;
- Negotiate final costs with subcontractors;
- Manage projects;
- Take part in various types of site meetings (administrative, technical, and coordination);
- Take care of administrative aspects of sites: reports, notices of change and/or extra, as well as anything else that comes up over the course of the project;
- Ensure that required quality standards are respected as stipulated in contractual documents;
- Carry out any other task related to your duties.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or construction engineering, college diploma in civil engineering, or other relevant eduction and training;
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience with civil engineering work;
- Knowledgeable of Québec construction laws and regulations;
- Knowledgable of and proficient with standard computer software such as Word, Excel, and MS Project;
- Possess ASP card (safety in the field);
- Able to read plans and specifications.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.