May 31, 2019
Located in the Quebec City Area
Our client is a well-established company that specializes in designing, manufacturing, and managing projects involving audio communications, infotainment, and display panel systems. They have an international client base. They are currently looking for a software designer.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the software engineering supervisor, you will work as part of a multidisciplinary team; your main responsibility will be to develop various software programs. As such, you will:
- Develop high-level and medium-level computer programs to control multimedia systems;
- Develop software, including specifications, analysis, architecture development, simulations, tests, and integration of the software into the systems;
- Write up technical documents (internal/external) in English and/or in French;
- Work in collaboration with technicians, technologists, programmers, analysts, and engineers;
- Prepare cost and time estimates for software design;
- Supervise and take part in installing, modifying, testing, and operating software;
- Identify the causes of software failures;
- Take part in any other activity laid out in the related business procedures;
- Coordinate the activities of your sector based on the established schedule;
- Carry out any other task related to your duties.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or electrical engineering; or any other relevant studies;
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience;
- Proficient with C, C++, C#, and MSVC programming languages;
- Experience with a database;
- Knowledge of embedded systems and of Linux;
- Fluent in spoken and written French and English;
- Member of the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec (an asset).
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.