Project manager (automation)
July 11, 2019
Located in Laval
Our client is an engineering, consulting, and automated production systems integration firm. They specialize in the fields of manufacturing and industrial processes, with the help of a team of experts in mechanics, electricity, automation, robotics, instrumentation, mechatronics, and information systems. They are currently looking for a project director.
Nature of position
Answering to the director of operations and as a member of the company's management team, your job will mainly consist of planning, scheduling, organizing, managing, controlling, and evaluating engineering projects, from start to finish, in keeping with the construction schedule, specifications, and the established budget. As such, you will:
- Prepare and present budget forecasts concerning engineering projects ;
- Plan and prepare work schedules and the steps to follow, and check progress with regard to these elements ;
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes, and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers, and subcontractors ;
- Prepare and implement quality control programs ;
- Write up progress reports on works and produce progress schedules for clients. ;
- Identify the human resources and financial resources required to successfully complete projects ;
- Recruit subcontractors and subordinate staff and supervise their activities ;
- Use performance indicators and assist in decision-making. Define and implement corrective action plans ;
- Perform risk assessment and risk management ;
- Serve as an influencer with the organization's various departments in order to ensure that projects succeed ;
- Supervise project managers and other stakeholders in good project management, respecting procedures and processes ;
- Develop practical methodologies for project management as well as the tools and methods for operational improvement to facilitate the organization of projects ;
- Share your vision with collaborators within the company and with external players ;
- Take part in the growth strategy in cooperation with the executive committee ;
- Contribute to the search for ideas and solutions by taking part in exchanges and creativity sessions and by suggesting improvements ;
- Adapt your behaviour and your attitude to the person with whom you are speaking in order to maximize the quality of exchanges ;
- Maintain good working relationships with internal and external clients ;
- Carry out any other tasks related to your duties.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or in automated production engineering, or other relevant studies ;
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience with project management and/or managing a PMO ;
- Expert knowledge of project management and technical writing, and ability to solve complex problems ;
- Work experience with automation in different fields (an asset) ;
- Proven client relations, teamwork, leadership, and interpersonal skills ;
- Able to work under pressure and manage numerous priorities ;
- Excellent organizational skills, thoroughness in carrying out work, and a desire for quality in the work done ;
- Excellent command of both French and English.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.