Hardware Designer (Electronics)
July 15, 2019
Located in the Montreal Area
Our client is a company that is known worldwide for its innovative approach to high-precision electronic products and subsystems for the health, security, and industrial sectors. They are currently looking for a hardware designer (electronics) for their facilities in the Montreal area.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the team leader and as part of the R&D team, your job will mainly consist of designing analog and mixed-signal electronics, and the implementation, testing, and documentation of the new generation of products as well as support for existing product lines. As such, you will:
- Design, evaluate, and work on improvements to the performance of low-noise analogue circuits ;
- Work alongside our partners to design TFT (Thin Film Transistor) panels, and contribute to the development and the evaluation of CMOS chips ;
- Contribute to the design of digital sensors, continuous improvement of sensor performance, the execution of validation tests, and to EMC, UL, etc. certification ;
- Take part in writing up documentation and implementing engineering changes with ISO processes ;
- Work with external consultants to accelerate development cycles ;
- Support the production team to solve problems related to manufacturing, testing, procurement of parts (approving alternative parts), or other aspects ;
- Serve as project manager as needed ;
- Carry out any other tasks related to your duties.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or other relevant engineering studies ;
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in electronic design ;
- Experience with analog and mixed-signal electronics is considered a significant asset ;
- Knowledge of OrCAD and PSpice development tools to capture and simulate electronic schematics, as well as PCB design ;
- Experience evaluating chips using CMOS technology and knowledge of TCL and Python programming language are assets ;
- Highly fluent in French and English (spoken and written).
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.