Manager, Project Manager - Acoustics and Vibrations
September 16, 2019
Located in the South Shore of Montréal
Our client is a firmly established company that specializes in the development, the installation, and the implementation of geotechnical and structural monitoring systems, and in acoustic and vibration control. They have carried out work in over fifteen countries. In order to continue growing as a company, they are currently looking for a manager in charge of acoustics and vibrations projectsvibrations.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the Vice President, Engineering, your job will primarily consist of overseeing various files involving the control and monitoring of vibrations and noise, as well as ensuring the development and sustainability of the acoustics and vibration department. As such, you will::
- Manage the department well (operationally, financially, and with regards to human resources).
- Prepare and manage the division's budget.
- Monitor payment of invoices and follow up on accounts receivable (late payments).
- Make agreements with partners and suppliers and negotiate discounts.
- Ensure that the terms of service agreements are understood.
- Prepare projects with the engineering team and clients, including materials requirements.
- Coordonner l’installation des systèmes de mesure sonore ou vibratoire ;
- Coordinate the installation of sound or vibration measurement systems.
- Monitor work done and make sure that it meets the required level of quality.
- Make sure that project documentation meets the required level of quality.
- Write up reports.
- Advise and assist clients in choosing products and technologies.
- Provide quality control for remote monitoring systems and work with others on producing these systems.
- Work with your team to analyze the technical requirements for instrumentation and particular clauses for invitations to tender.
- Prepare cost estimates and proposals with the sales team.
- Prepare presentations of proposals and solutions for the clients and present them to the clients.
- Add opportunities and bids to the opportunities records.
- Organize reminders and follow-ups in a structured way, including confirmations of orders received from clients.
- Take part in events (conferences, trade shows, and other events) related to the field.
- Carry out any other task related to your duties.
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering, geotechnical engineering, geology, engineering physics, physics, or other relevant studies.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of acoustics and vibrations is considered an asset.
- Good working knowledge of the MS Office Suite.
- Good writing skills, able to write up structured documents, including information of a relatively complex and varied nature.
- Excellent planning and organizing skills, able to meet deadlines in your work.
- •Results-oriented leadership with a focus on client satisfaction.
- Fluent in French and English, both written and spoken.
- Valid passport and driver's licence.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.