Plant Engineer - Continuous Improvement
December 11, 2019
Located in the Montérégie region
Our client is a manufacturing company that specializes in parts for the automotive sector, with clients in North America, Europe, and Asia. They are currently looking for a plant engineer for their state-of-the-art facilities
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the VP, Operations, your job will be to ensure that operations go smoothly, both with regards to the reliability and output of equipment and with regards to working methods and processes. You will analyze, control, and improve the production equipment, motivating workers and managers to join in a culture of continuous improvement and the achievement of plant goals. In addition, you will manage technical resources and coordinate day-to-day activities, maintaining a safe work environment. As such, you will:
- Serve as the company's technical expert, in charge of researching, proposing, and implementing improvements to processes and equipment, as well as increasing equipment efficiency ;
- Take service calls from external suppliers for major issues ;
- Work with others in setting up and starting up equipment ;
- Perform equipment productivity and efficiency analyses and implement technical solutions to improve them ;
- Perform technical analysis of repetitive equipment failures ;
- Optimize maintenance methods and procedures to ensure that equipment is running efficiently, to solve technical problems, and to minimize downtime ;
- Manage, support, lead, and evaluate a team of process technicians and other staff as your role evolves ;
- Track and verify that productivity gains are maintained after continuous improvement activities and inform the production manager of any necessary corrective action ;
- Define training needs and provide the necessary training for the staff members on your team ;
- Apply the company's policies and ensure that the health and safety of all employees is protected ;
- Carry out any other task related to your duties.
- Bachelor's degree in industrial engineering, mechanical engineering, or other relevant studies ;
- Member of the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec ;
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience ;
- Strong command of spoken and written French and English ;
- Proficient with standard computer tools ;
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated innovation and creativity.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.