Engineering Manager (Industrial Automation)
October 11, 2019
Located in the Laval Area
Our client is an engineering, consulting, and automated production systems integration firm, specializing in manufacturing and industrial processes, with a team of mechanical, electrical, automation, robotics, instrumentation, mechatronics, and information systems experts. They are currently looking for an engineering manager.
Nature of position
Under the authority of the Director of Operations, your job will be to plan, organize, manage, control, and evaluate the engineering department's activities, as well as working closely with the senior project manager to make sure operations run smoothly. As such, you will:
- Plan, schedule, organize, manage, control, and evaluate engineering projects, from start to finish, in keeping with the work schedule, specifications, and budget ;
- Administer projects, including cost control, schedule control, and managing change orders ;
- Be responsible for engineering activities related to electrical, mechanical, and robotics areas of expertise ;
- Prepare and present budget estimates concerning the engineering department ;
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes, and additions to contractual agreements with engineers, consultants, clients, suppliers, and subcontractors ;
- Develop and maintain management systems ;
- Develop and deploy improvement projects: Lean Six Sigma, kaizen, health and safety, productivity, quality, and cost reduction ;
- Take on employee management: setting annual objectives, performance evaluations, corrective measures, disciplinary measures, training, etc. ;
- Lead employee meetings and take part in meetings with the management team ;
- Motivate staff to behave in a safe manner, ensuring that policies and instructions are closely followed ;
- Recruit subcontractors and subordinate staff and supervise their activities ;
- Be innovative in the proposed solutions ;
- Serve as a mentor ;
- Evaluate the risks associated with projects, and manage them ;
- Carry out any other task related to your duties.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering, automated production engineering, electrical engineering, or other relevant training ;
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in a similar position ;
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience as an automation engineer or an equivalent combination of training and experience ;
- Work experience with automation in different fields (an asset) ;
- Ability to manage pressure and numerous priorities ;
- Excellent command of the French language and the English language.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.