October 15, 2019
Located in the Montréal Area
Our client is an international industrial company that is currently looking for a maintenance manager for one of their plants.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the CEO, your job will be to manage, plan, and organize operations for the maintenance department, to supervise the team within the department, and to coordinate and participate in various investment projects of a technical nature. As such, you will:
- Plan, organize, and manage maintenance based on established norms and within the allocated budget ;
- Manage maintenance employees and ensure that the collective agreement and company policies are applied consistently ;
- Ensure that the preventative maintenance program is respected and write up new procedures as needed ;
- Manage projects related to improvements and efficiency of production equipment and to the selection and installation of new equipment ;
- Synchronize maintenance work with the company's other departments ;
- Make sure safety instructions are followed and lead your team to be involved in lowering the number of workplace accidents ;
- Ensure that your team has professional development and training in order to keep the team well-informed, experienced, and productive ;
- Manage parts purchasing and make sure the plant’s supply of spare parts is managed optimally ;
- Supervise outside firms when they carry out certain types of work ;
- Contribute to the continual improvement of procedures involving management, maintenance, productivity, costs, and quality ;
- Carry out any other task related to your duties.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or other relevant education ;
- Member of l’Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec ;
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant maintenance experience in the manufacturing sector ;
- Experience managing a maintenance team ;
- Proficient with standard computer-based tools ;
- Knowledge of SAP PM (Plant maintenance) ;
- Fluent in English (spoken and written) ;
- Strong communication skills.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.