Industrial IT and automation engineer
October 15, 2019
Located in Québec City
Our client, a manufacturing company firmly established in Quebec, specializes in manufacturing products for the construction / home renovation sector and having more than 500 points of sale in Canada and the United States, in addition to exporting products in Canada. Russia, Mexico, Ukraine and elsewhere in the world, is currently looking for an industrial IT and automation engineer.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the Director of Automation and IT, your main mandate will be to design systems for industrial IT projects, automation, robotization and improvement of highly technological manufacturing processes. As such, you will do as following:
- Develop and improve the different production equipment;
- Participate in different industrial IT projects (Ethernet and wireless networks, real-time acquisition of production data, development of custom applications or scripts, etc.);
- Suggest and implement of new technologies such as robots, vision systems, quality control tools, etc.;
- Perfom analysis and validate existing processes, solutions design, installation and commissioning of equipment;
- Proceed to PC programming, programmable logic controllers, servos system controllers and operator interface in order to integrate new systems or optimize existing systems;
- Work closely with your manager for the budget verification and projects deadline;
- Stay tuned for technological innnovations;
- Perform all other tasks compatible with your duties.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, automated production engineering, computer engineering or any other relevant trainings;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in automation and/or development of embedded systems also in system integration;
- Have experience in development of real-time system architecture and industrial vision (an asset);
- Experience in PLC programming, with Fanuc Robot, serial communication protocols, in C# programming, in the development of Windows applications or in database development will be considered an asset.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.