Our client, a major company specializing in the manufacture and installation of steel building materials intended mainly for the construction of buildings and civil engineering works, positioning itself as one of the leaders in its sector of activity, is currently looking for a project coordinator for its Quebec facilities.
Nature of position
Under the authority of the Technical Director, your main mandate will be to approve the shop drawings of all the technicians in charge of the project, in addition to coordinating the drawings made by external firms. As such, you will see at:
- Support new technicians ;
- Provide training and technical assistance to the technicians in charge of the project in the execution of their work ;
- Perform verification, correction until approval of shop drawings according to plans and standards ;
- Ensure the updating, corrections and necessary verifications of the drawings ;
- Ensure the quality of the work performed by the technicians in charge of the project ;
- Participate in site meetings with the project manager, at the request of the contractor ;
- Provide solutions to the technical director, aimed at improving and optimizing the efficiency of the technicians in charge of the project ;
- Perform an audit and coordination of projects, detailed externally ;
- Perform all other tasks compatible with your duties.
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering, in construction engineering, DEC in civil engineering, architecture, or other relevant training ;
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience ;
- Knowledge of computer-aided drawing software (AutoCAD, MicroStation) will be an asset ;
- Good management of priorities and respect of deadlines ;
- Ability to work under pressure and in collaboration with the various actors involved.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.