Our client, a manufacturing company, specializing in the design, manufacture and installation of equipment for the processing of forest products, is currently looking for a mechanical design engineer.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the company's management, you will be responsible for designing the equipment in accordance with the client's needs, while providing manufacturing support and working in concert with the various stakeholders in the company. . As such you will see at:
- Review and improve the design of systems already developed ;
- Collaborate with the various stakeholders, in the drafting of work plans for the improvement of existing products or the development of new products ;
- Select non-manufactured components and suppliers ;
- Participate in the development and design of new products according to established standards and participate in design reviews ;
- Contact specialized suppliers to obtain a quote for all components and all machined or non-manufactured assemblies of the new product ;
- Issue all orders for all components of the new product and manage the delivery and manufacturing schedule ;
- Supervise the quality of workshop work and develop work procedures as required ;
- Discuss with the factory client the improvement aspects of new products ;
- Collaborate with the sales department by producing drawings and studies for the adaptation and implementation of products for customers ;
- Participate in the project launch meeting after obtaining a purchase order from the sales department ;
- Provide all the drawings required to the various suppliers for obtaining supply and manufacturing quotes ;
- Collaborate if required in pre-delivery tests ;
- Supervise the installation of new equipment in the client's factory if required;
- Perform all other tasks compatible with your duties.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or other relevant training;
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant design experience ;
- Knowledge of SolidWorks software ;
- Good knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel and Outlook) ;
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written French and intermediate level in English;
- Be available to make occasional trips to customers.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.