Our client, a company whose mission is to manage, operate and maintain various transport infrastructures, whose activities are divided into engineering, construction and maintenance operations is currently seeking, to continue improving the quality and efficiency of its services, for a Civil engineering technician.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the engineering director, you will have as main mandate to provide engineering expertise for the optimal design of works aimed at ensuring the sustainability of the works as well as the safety and mobility of users. You will support the latter, as well as the engineers, technicians, and clerks of the Directorate to carry out the various major repair projects. You will also work in collaboration with all the Company's employees to ensure adequate service to users and citizens. In addition, you will be called upon to work on several projects in parallel, for which you will be responsible for carrying out various technical and administrative work related to the design and development of engineering, construction, and maintenance projects. As such, you will :
- Ensure the follow-up (technical and administrative) of the consultants to ensure the smooth running of the project by ensuring the compliance of the performance of their contract according to the requirements of the terms of reference (quality, scope of work, costs and deadlines) in collaboration with engineers ;
- Raise the issues and problematic situations to engineers by suggesting solutions and recommendations ;
- Participate in the preparation of authorizations for additional services (notice of changes and amendments) ;
- Assist engineers in their tasks by playing a support-advisory role by providing technical and administrative support, including the preparation and review of documents, information retrieval, data compilation, proper record keeping and preparation of monitoring reports ;
- Participate in the sketch preparation ;
- Assist engineers by carrying out surveys, inspections, and site visits ;
- Interact with the various stakeholders of the Company ;
- Perform every other task compatible with your functions.
- DEC in civil engineering or any other relevant training or experience ;
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience ;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Outlook), also in Autocad software for computer-aided drawing (DAO) ;
- Show a good understanding and interpretation of plans, quotes, and technical drawings ;
- Be able to work at heights or in tight spaces ;
- Good communication skills ;
- Hold the ASP construction site card ;
- Have a valid class 5 driving license ;
- Good command in French and English, written and spoken.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.