Our client, a manufacturing company specializing in the transformation of plastics (polystyrene, polypropylene, polyethylene and others), positioning itself as a leader in its sector of activity is currently looking for a Continuous improvement engineer.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the factory director, you will have as main mandate to contribute to the implementation of production and performance index software, as well to optimize the manufacturing processes to improve the general performance of the factory. As such, you will :
- Identify improvment opportunities by analyzing data and manufacturing processes ;
- Analyze manufacturing costs, techniques and working methods ;
- Develop and revise the master production file during submissions, production start-up as well during any change ;
- Participate in strategic developement and identify improvement opportunities jointly with the engineering department. ;
- Manage and participate in various continuous improvement projects for products and processes (VSM, KAIZEN, 5S, SMED, etc.) ;
- Set up performance measures and contribute to the achievement of objectives ;
- Participate and support the quality insurance department ;
- Participate in the implementation of manufacturing data software and monitor it subsequently ;
- Lead workshops with project teams ;
- Document the working methods, processes and carry out audits in connection with the projects ;
- Perform every other task compatible with your functions.
- Bachelor in industrial engineering, operations and logistic engineering, mechanical engineering or any other relevant training ;
- Minimum 2 years of experience in the manufacturing field ;
- Knowledge of the principles of Lean manufacturing ;
- Proficiency in french and english (spoken and written) ;
- Having good communication and problem-solving skills.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.