Our client is a company specializing in the development of innovative environmental solutions aimed at reducing greenhouse gas emissions through the application of thermal processes for the treatment of gaseous or solid effluent (industrial pollutants, biogas, biomass, etc.). They are currently looking for a Site Supervisor.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for planning, organizing, directing and controlling all construction activities taking place on the site under your supervision. As such, you will:
- Plan and direct the installation of regenerative thermal oxidizer (RTO) units designed and manufactured by the company in accordance with installation specifications ;
- Plan and perform service and maintenance activities on existing RTO systems sold and installed by the company ;
- Respond to customer service calls (troubleshooting) ;
- Support the engineering team in the design and implementation of projects ;
- Participate in design meetings ;
- Review technical drawings, purchase and installation specifications ;
- Conduct equipment inspections at suppliers' facilities ;
- Participate in the equipment procurement process (discussions with suppliers, selection and purchase of equipment, etc.) ;
- Participate in the development of the project schedule ;
- With the support of the engineering team, take charge of the construction portion of equipment installation projects ;
- Carry out the budgetary estimation of the equipment installation costs ;
- Select service providers for equipment installation and award site contracts ;
- Supervise the site so that the installation of the equipment meets the company's specifications ;
- Verify the various systems of an RTO and carry out its commissioning ;
- Enforce the company's health and safety policies on the job site ;
- Document the progress of installation and commissioning activities ;
- Carry out any other task related to your duties.
- DEC in mechanical engineering or other relevant training ;
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience ;
- Be available to travel in Quebec, Canada and the United States ;
- Bilingual (spoken and written French and English).
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.