Our client, a manufacturing company, firmly established in Québec since more than 65 years, specialized in development and manufacturing of products intended for the residential construction sector is currently looking, for his factory at the cutting edge of the technology, for a Production Supervisor.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the Plant Director, your main mandate will be to plan, organize, direct and control the department(s) under your supervision and you will act as a resource person for the employees under your direction. In addition, you will be responsible for maintaining a safe work environment and always leading by example to foster communication between employees and superiors. As such, you will :
- Ensure the management of employees under your supervision ;
- Meet with the floor coordinator to ensure that daily production objectives are met ;
- Transmit all necessary directives and information to the production ;
- Collaborate with the other departments of the company ;
- Ensure proper operation, maintenance, inspection and equipment, identify problems ;
- Participate in the reception and integration of new employees, ensure their training on the workstation and ensure the follow-up of their work ;
- Participate in meetings with employees in case of non-compliance with policies and procedures or discipline, give reprimands if necessary ;
- Ensure that workstations are safe and that employees respect health and safety rules in the workplace ;
- Ensure that the equipment is in accordance with the production needs ;
- Maintain a good work environment, provide positive feedback and resolve employee complaints and requests ;
- Conduct performance evaluations and consolidate expectations with employees ;
- Conduct selection interviews in collaboration with the Human Resources Department ;
- Correct the hours worked in the computer system ;
- Participate in the supervisory committee and the occupational health and safety committee ;
- Perform every other task compatible with your function.
- High school diploma or other relevant training ;
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in employee management ;
- Knowledge of occupational health and safety regulations ;
- Knowledge of manufacturing equipment ;
- Knowledge of value-added production ;
- Sense of responsibility and communication skills ;
- Autonomy and initiative.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to the candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.