Our client, a manufacturing company specializing in the design, manufacture and installation of equipment for the transformation of forest products, is currently looking for a project/automation technician.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the company's management, your main mandate will be to program PLCs and operator interfaces in addition to participating in workshop assembly activities, installation and start-up of equipment at customer sites. A such, you will :
- Develop, modify and maintain programs on programmable logic controllers and HMI operator interfaces ;
- Participate and collaborate in the assembly and testing of equipment in the workshop ;
- Participate in the installation and start-up of equipment manufactured at the customer's site (Canada and North-Eastern United States) ;
- Perform tune-ups on various equipment at customer sites ;
- Support the team, remotely and on site, during installations ;
- Participate in the creation of electrical plans, wiring and installation at our customers' sites ;
- Contribute to the design process of operator manuals ;
- Be an integral part of the continuous improvement process ;
- Perform every other tasks compatible with your functions.
- DEC in industrial electronics, automation or electrical engineering. Any other combination of relevant education and experience will also be considered ;
- Have a good knowledge of Allen-Bradley PLCs ;
- Be available for travel in North America ;
- Possess a valid passport ;
- Have an interest in customer service ;
- Good command of spoken and written French and English.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to the candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.