Our client, a well-established Montreal-based company specializing in the design, manufacture and installation of furniture for all types of venues, from auditoriums to theaters, not to mention arenas and large sports stadiums, is currently looking for a purchaser.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the company's management, your main mandate will be to ensure the purchase of materials used in the manufacture of products at the best possible cost, in addition to ensuring the efficiency of the inventory management system. As such you will :
- Develop and maintain your supplier network ;
- Negotiate prices for the purchase of components needed for manufacturing ;
- Interpret drawings and specifically research the best suppliers for standard and custom orders ;
- Support the design team in the development process of new products through supplier research and manufacturing processes ;
- Participate in annual cost reduction objectives ;
- Ensure the maintenance of good purchasing practices (best cost/quality/delivery) ;
- Work efficiently with the computerized system (ERP/MRP) ;
- Maintain up-to-date product bills of materials ;
- Carry out every other task compatible with your functions.
- DEC in administrative techniques, AEC in supply management or any other relevant training ;
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience ;
- Bilingualism in French and English (spoken and written) ;
- Knowledge in the interpretation of plans ;
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and to exercise leadership.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to the candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.