Our client is a consulting engineering firm offering highly specialized services in industrial hygiene, occupational health and safety, environment and building sciences. Our client is currently looking for a technician for the management of dangerous materials in buildings for its Quebec City office.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the direction of the Quebec City office, your main mandate will be to carry out tasks mainly related to the characterization of various construction materials. In addition, you will have to go to the field to evaluate different types of buildings and you will contribute to making the work environment safe. As such you will :
- Perform visual survey and sampling, using hand tools, of various building materials present in buildings (various coatings, insulation, etc.) that may contain hazardous materials ;
- Take notes in the field using a tablet, locate the samples taken on the building plans and send the samples to the laboratory ;
- Write hazardous materials assessment and management reports ;
- Monitor construction sites where hazardous materials are present and perform regulatory air sampling for asbestos and mold, when required ;
- Perform air sampling for asbestos ;
- Assist the team in the realization of various tasks to ensure the completion of projects ;
- Carry out every other task compatible with your functions.
- Technical training in architecture, civil engineering, building inspection, industrial hygiene, construction or other combination of education and experience deemed relevant ;
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant experience ;
- Ability to work with computerized survey technologies (tablet and laptop);
- Excellent knowledge of the French language ;
- Have a vehicle in good working order and a valid driver's license ;
- Hold the ASP Construction General Health and Safety card ;
- Able to perform work requiring physical skills.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to the candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.