Our client, an important company specializing in the manufacture of a polymer used in the production of packaging for the food industry, plastic films and fibers, is currently looking for a project engineer for its state of the art plant.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the General Manager, you will be responsible for carrying out all modification, design and/or development activities of the plant (projects). As such you will :
- Coordinate planned work to ensure the maintenance and high level of reliability and performance of the plant's equipment within the framework of the projects ;
- Offer a consulting service to the company on the actions to be taken concerning the mechanical discipline ;
- Ensure the realization of various projects of a technical nature by determining work plans, methodologies, schedules and cost-benefit analyses ;
- Coordinate the implementation and follow-up of projects with the various stakeholders ;
- Suggest improvements to increase equipment reliability ;
- Act as a technical advisor for preventive and predictive maintenance programs ;
- Participate in the management of changes by planning the different steps and keeping the documentation up to date ;
- Research, analyze and select the equipment that best meets the expectations of the production department and that respects the established standards ;
- Support the maintenance team with technical expertise ;
- Carry out analyses of major breakdowns in conjunction with the team ;
- Participate in the organization of plant shutdowns ;
- Carry out every other task compatible with your functions.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or other relevant training ;
- Member of the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec ;
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience ;
- Experience in the chemical or petrochemical industry (an asset) ;
- Good computer skills including the use of an integrated maintenance management system ;
- Functional bilingualism (French and English), both oral and written.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to the candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.