Our client, a major construction contractor specializing in the implementation of construction work in paving, concrete and civil engineering, is currently seeking a Project Manager.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the Vice President of Operations, you will participate in the preparation and closing of bids for paving and civil works. In addition, you will have to ensure the proper daily execution of all assigned projects (costs, quality, deadlines), and ensure efficient management of human resources, materials, transportation, subcontractors and all other financial expenses of the projects. As such you will :
- Read the plans and specifications for bids in relation to the assignments made by the Vice-President of Operations ;
- Prepare the documents related to the service offers that are assigned to you and validate the estimates with the internal contacts as well as with the subcontractors, rigorously evaluating the costs in bidding to ensure profitability while remaining competitive ;
- Participate in the closing of bids and proposals with the Vice President of Operations and ensure that they are sent within the prescribed timeframe ;
- Analyze the projects assigned to you and develop a rigorous planning and organization with the teams in the field to identify the risks, constraints and objectives of the work ;
- Coordinate the work steps of the teams and subcontractors in order to meet the updated needs and priorities of the projects ;
- Ensure project plans are up to date, conduct periodic field inspections and enforce proactive management practices ;
- Plan and facilitate project start-up meetings with clients ;
- In collaboration with subcontractors, negotiate project deliverables, schedules and costs ;
- Validate the commitment, competency of resources, manpower allocation and machinery utilization as well as the ongoing review of work within his projects ;
- Participate in weekly planning and follow-up meetings of ongoing and upcoming projects with the project management team under the supervision and direction of the Vice President of Operations ;
- Performs progress counts of work ;
- Carry out every other task compatible with your functions.
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering, construction engineering, DEC in civil engineering, or any other relevant training ;
- Member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec (an asset) ;
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a paving construction project manager or equivalent ;
- Knowledge of TPL Solution software (an asset) ;
- Knowledge of Office software (Word, Excel, etc.).
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to the candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.