Specialist in Construction Costs
- Position Number: mm12317e-002
Located in the Montréal Area
Our client is an engineering consulting firm specializing in building science with a wide range of services (structural inspections, building condition reports, cost consultations, contingency fund studies, technical reports related to the fields of buildings, plans and specifications, site supervision, etc.). They are currently looking for a specialist in construction costs (cost consultant).
Nature of position
Under the supervision of company management, you will plan and organize construction cost supervision contracts for clients. In addition, you will take part in the development of this professional service with clients. As such, you will:
- Participate in business development with financial institutions and promoters;
- Supervise the team of professionals in place;
- Evaluate and validate construction budgets;
- Visit work sites in order to check on progress for work paid for monthly;
- Check requests for payment from constructors / promoters;
- Prepare and write up payment reports including costs broken down into the different construction specialties;
- Provide professional support to financial institutions and/or promoters to verify construction costs;
- Carry out any other task related to your duties.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, business administration, or any other relevant field;
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience;
- Experience with project planning and control;
- Familiar with the Office suite;
- Good interpersonal and teamwork skills;
- Good proficiency in spoken and written English;
- PMP certification (an asset).
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
Apply for this Position
Simply send us your Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org in Word or PDF
by uploading your Resume first then by filling the application form.