Project Manager (process equipment and pressure vessels)
July 06, 2018
Located in the Montérégie Region
Our client is a manufacturing company that specializes in the design and manufacture of custom-made industrial equipment for the oil industry, with an international client base. They are currently looking for a project manager.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of company management, your job will primarily consist of coordinating activities on various projects simultaneously, from the definition phase, to the execution of the work, right through to completion of the projects; you will work closely with technical workers and outside clients to develop projects and carry them out. In addition, you will supervise all aspects of said projects by involvement in the planning, control, and supervision of them; you will be responsible for coordinating and completing projects on time. As such, you will:
- Prepare preliminary engineering calculations for tenders;
- Prepare engineering calculations in keeping with the appropriate code (e.g.: ASME) for factory-manufactured equipment;
- Supervise the production of manufacturing drawings for factory-made equipment, revise them, and get them approved by the client, before beginning production;
- Check welding symbols and ensure that the procedures required to carry out the requisite types of welding are available;
- Program manufacturing sequences in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software;
- Monitor the progress of operations at the plant (including quality control tests);
- Serve as the communications point man with clients throughout the work done on projects;
- Respond to clients' specific technical demands;
- Ensure that established timelines are respected (respect for delivery times);
- Provide technical support to all staff (various calculations, assembly methods, etc.;
- Take part in various meetings;
- Carry out any other task related to your duties.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or other relevant education;
- Member of the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec.;
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience;
- Knowledgeable of ASME Code, welding methods, and pressure vessels;
- Bilingual (spoken and written French and English);
- Proficient with standard computer-based tools;
- Strong planning and organizational skills
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.