August 22, 2019
Located in the Montérégie Region
Our client is a construction contractor mainly specializing in the construction of industrial buildings for the food processing industry. They are currently looking for a senior building estimator.
Nature of position
Working with company management, your job will be to produce cost estimates for each project the company has been invited to bid on. As such, you will:
- Research prices from subcontractors and suppliers;
- Calculate quantities;
- Estimate construction costs;
- Establish costs associated with the bid;
- Establish schedule for the work;
- Highlight potential risks of projects being bid upon;
- Make modifications to bids as needed;
- Communicate with clients regarding any questions about projects;
- Establish the costs of special conditions;
- Prepare and conduct a review of the bid;
- Submit the costing of bids to management;
- Balance the pages of bid forms with the total quantities and total costs of labour, equipment, materials, suppliers, and subcontractors;
- Establish sustainable contacts with subcontractors, suppliers, etc.;
- Carry out any other task related to your duties.
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering or construction engineering, college diploma in civil engineering or architecture, or any other relevant education;
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant estimation experience;
- Fluent in spoken and written French and English;
- Knowledge of Quebec construction laws and regulations;
- Knowledge of the MS Office Suite and MS Project;
- Experience with estimates for industrial design/construction projects.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.