Reliability, Maintenance, and Project Engineer
May 07, 2018
Located in the Montréal Area
Our client is a large company specializing in the rolling and casting of metal products. They are currently looking for a reliability, maintenance, and project engineer.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the head of engineering and maintenance, your job will be to improve the reliability of production equipment and to plan maintenance activities, to provide technical support to the maintenance staff, and to coordinate and participate in various projects of a technical nature. As such, you will:
- Perform analyses of equipment history, recurring breakages, and underlying causes;
- Identify each failure scenario down to the most basic level possible with the help of a reliability tool (root cause analysis, maintenance task analysis, preventative and predictive maintenance, etc.);
- Help prepare planned shutdowns in order to ensure that various programs are implemented and to optimize the reliability of equipment;
- Lead and coordinate reliability meetings with various parties involved (operations, maintenance, and consultants);
- Provide technical support for employees in the even of equipment breakdown or problems and put in motion corrective action to minimize downtime;
- Evaluate equipment needs in the event of a new project or in the event of an investment aimed at improving existing equipment;
- Help select equipment, coordinate needs and characteristics of parts and equipment needed with the purchasing team;
- Be the contact person for suppliers throughout the project, through to equipment start-up;
- Supervise work done by outside suppliers as needed;
- Schedule work to be carried out based on established priorities and availability of labour, equipment, and supplies;
- Efficiently plan scheduled production shutdowns, determining and mobilizing the required resources based on the estimated work, with a view to continually improving equipment;
- Carry out any other task related to your duties.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or other relevant education and training;
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in reliability or planning;
- Fluent in French and English (spoken and written);
- Strong mechanical skills;
- Member of l'Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec;
- Proficient with AutoCAD, MS Office, and MS Project;
- Well-acquainted with computer-assisted maintenance management.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.