Building Project Supervisor
August 06, 2018
Located in the Montérégie Region
Our client is a construction contractor, primarily specializing in the construction of industrial buildings for the agri-food industry. They are currently looking for a project supervisor.
Nature of position
Working in cooperation with company management, your job will consist of planning, designing, organizing, managing, and controlling various projects (involving design-construction), as well as contributing to the company's business development efforts. As such, you will:
- Visit work sites and clients;
- Help develop the client base;
- Find an original approach that allows you to offer clients a competitive price with the expected gross profit margin;
- Do design work, as needed, to be able to present an interesting solution to the client, and do so in collaboration with your colleagues;
- Supervise the preparation of bids on projects;
- Prepare an estimate of the time required for installation;
- Prepare the introductory text for the tender, including a description of the service offered and the commercial clauses;
- Perform supervisory duties for your projects, including negotiating specialized purchases and subcontractors, preparing and monitoring the project schedule, carrying out follow-ups and the realization of the project in communication with the site foreman, and ensuring that the client is satisfied with the work done;
- Carry out any other task related to your duties.
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering, construction engineering, or architecture; college diploma in civil engineering or architecture, or any other relevant education/training;
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in project management;
- Strong management, communication, negotiation, and problem-solving skills;
- Fluent in spoken and written French and English;
- Knowledgeable of Quebec construction laws and regulations;
- Knowledge of the MS Office Suite and MS Project;
- Experience managing industrial design-construction type projects is a significant asset.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.