Manufacturing Project Supervisor
March 29, 2018
Located in the Montérégie Region
Our client is a manufacturing company specializing in the manufacture of parts for the automotive sector, with clients in North America, Europe, and Asia. They are currently looking for a manufacturing project supervisor for their state-of-the-art facilities.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the Vice President of Operations, your job will primarily consist of managing the work done by technicians and process engineers in support of operations, the development of new tools / production equipment, tracking engineering changes with outside clients, and meeting the departments’ efficiency goals. In addition, you will contribute to the continual improvement program and will be the resource person in charge of promoting the application of it, with an emphasis on real issues and making sure that tangible results are obtained. As such, you will:
- Be responsible for defining, managing, and leading investment projects related to operations;
- Supervise the activities assigned to you based on the needs of the different projects;
- Evaluate equipment and/or tool needs for new projects (new products), for investments aimed at improving existing equipment (safety, quality, productivity), and for equipment projects for our outside clients;
- Be responsible for establishing and maintaining engineering changes related to products, tools, procedures, and equipment;
- Write up and get approval of all documentation related to changes affecting equipment (procedures, working instructions, etc.);
- Assess feasibility (equipment availability, standard times, etc.) for various projects;
- Supervise the work done by outside suppliers when necessary;
- Develop performance indicators and improve the department’s efficiency;
- Support the sales team with client requests;
- Contribute to the continual improvement program by supporting continual improvement projects;
- Attract and develop talent to the team;
- Carry out any other tasks related to your duties.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, automated production engineering, or other relevant education;
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in project management in the manufacturing sector;
- Proficient in spoken and written French and English;
- Member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec;
- Able to manage various projects simultaneously;
- Knowledgeable of a parametric 3D design program such as SolidWorks;
- Available to travel short distances to visit clients;
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.