Process / Quality Engineer
July 20, 2018
Located in the Montreal Area
Our client is a sizeable company specializing in the rolling and casting of metal products. They are currently looking for a process and quality engineer for one of their plants.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the technical and customer support manager, your job will be to develop and maintain production and high-level quality processes in order to control production costs and to ensure that the product meets the client's requirements. As such, you will:
- Address client complains, analyzing the problems that have arisen and taking the necessary corrective action in order to rectify the situation;
- Work on continual improvements to product quality and production processes;
- Track performance / work done on process equipment and perform a monthly check on process fluids;
- Perform start-up / stop sequences on equipment and manage troubleshooting on process and inspection equipment, prioritization of corrective measures, as well as special situations;
- Work on quality control for raw materials, follow up on compliance issues, manage supplier complaints and audit suppliers;
- Manage purchasing of process consumables;
- Perform qualification of products and raw materials and write up evaluation reports;
- Monitor specific consumption and establish the annual budget;
- Carry out any other task related to your duties.
- Bachelor's degree in materials engineering and metallurgy, chemical engineering, or industrial engineering, or other relevant studies;
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in the industrial sector;
- Knowledgeable of production tools and processes;
- Good command of spoken and written French and English;
- High standard for best practices and work quality.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.