Field Engineer (Geotechnical and Structural Instrumentation)
July 06, 2018
Located in the Montérégie Region
Our client is a well-established company specializing in the development, installation, and implementation of geotechnical and structural monitoring systems, with projects in more than a dozen countries. They are currently looking for a field engineer.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the VP of Engineering, your job will be to carry out the technical work on instrumentation projects (installation and start-up), for various sites (dams, foundations, excavations, mines, road infrastructure, etc.) in Canada and abroad. As such, you will:
- Prepare missions with the team and with clients, including evaluating material needs to carry out work in the field;
- Provide technical support for clients and the sales team;
- Follow up on and contribute to the quality of work carried out;
- Take part in the installation and commissioning of equipment on site;
- Write up various field reports;
- Participate in the writing of technical articles;
- Carry out any other task related to your duties.
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering, electrical engineering, geotechnical engineering, mining engineering, or other relevant education;
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience;
- Bilingual (French and English);
- Valid passport and driver's license;
- Familiar with the MS Office suite;
- The health & safety card issued by ASP Construction is considered an asset;
- Basic knowledge of electricity and/or automation and/or telecommunications;
- Strong customer service, analysis and problem solving, and teamwork and cooperation skills.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.