Electronic Design and FPGA Engineer
July 27, 2018
Located in the Quebec City Area
Our client is a company specializing in the development and sales of highly adaptable advanced detection solutions, primarily for the transport sector (automotive, drones, industrial and commercial vehicles, etc.). They have an international client base. In order to pursue their significant growth, our client is currently looking for an electrical design and FPGA engineer.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the head of microelectronic engineering, your job will primarily consist of taking part in all steps of the development of new products, including preliminary design, detailed design, implementation, validation testing, and regulatory testing. Within the engineering team, you will also be responsible for providing support to the software development team, as well as to the supply team (equivalency requests, etc.) and support to production (testing strategies, assistance with troubleshooting). You will also be called upon to interact with clients regarding custom development projects or integration projects. As such, you will:
- Develop product specifications and architecture;
- Design electronic circuits (digital, analog, power, and protection);
- Select and qualify electronic components;
- Design electronic schematics with Altium Designer;
- Provide support for placing and routing printed circuits;
- Perform design, implementation, simulation, and synthesis of programmable logic in VHDL;
- Carry out start-up, validation tests, and standards tests;
- Offer support for software development and mechanical integration;
- Develop verification methods and tools;
- Provide support for the software development team;
- Provide support for the production and the supply teams;
- Carry out any other task related to your duties.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or other relevant education;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience doing similar tasks;
- Experience with electronic design (analog and digital);
- Knowledgeable of VHDL, Altium Designer, Lattice Diamond or Xilinx ISE, and Mentor Graphics ModelSim;
- Member of the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec (an asset);
- Able to work in English and French;
- Available to travel occasionally;
- Experience with electromagnetic safety and compatibility standards, with embedded systems development and/or with ASIC design is considered an asset.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.