Building Engineering Consultant
June 08, 2018
Located in the Montréal Area
Our client is an engineering consulting firm specializing in building science, offering a wide range of services (structural inspection, building condition report, cost consulting, studies of reserve funds, expert reports related to the fields of buildings and structures, plans and specifications, site supervision, etc.) with residential, industrial, commercial, and institutional buildings. They are currently looking for a building engineering consultant.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the head of the company, your job will primarily consist of managing different building structure inspection files, building condition reports, cost consultation, expert reports, blueprints and specifications, site supervision, etc. As such, you will:
- Meet with clients carry out needs analyses;
- Prepare service proposals;
- Coordinate activities related to the projects for which you are responsible (employees, outside consultants and contractors);
- Perform visual inspections of buildings (commercial, industrial, and multi-dwelling);
- Carry out various types of technical analysis aimed at evaluating and/or observing the state of a building component or system in detail and preparing written reports with your analyses;
- Carry out construction cost estimates;
- Work on the creation of blueprints and specifications;
- Carry out site supervision;
- Present reports to clients (occasionally in the evening);
- Monitor files internally and with clients;
- Take part in negotiations (depending on clients);
- Carry out other tasks related to your duties.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, construction engineering, or other relevant education and training;
- Member of l’Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec;
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience;
- Proficiency with standard computer software such as Word, Excel, and MS Project;
- Functional level of English (spoken and written);
- Excellent writing skills;
- Car owner with a valid driver’s licence.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.