Project and Maintenance Engineer
March 19, 2018
Located in the Montreal Area
Our client is a large-scale company specializing in the rolling and casting of metal products. They are currently looking for a Project and Maintenance Engineer.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the Head of Engineering and Maintenance, you will be responsible for the development, planning, organization, and monitoring of the projects assigned to you, within the framework of the policies, budgets, and objectives approved by company management, in addition to carrying out various design improvements and equipment modifications and providing technical support to the maintenance team in order to maximize equipment reliability and the plant's manufacturing efficiency. As such, you will:
- Set out general concepts for projects in cooperation with management, and evaluate the feasibility thereof;
- Serve as a resource person for team members by developing an approach based on the problem-solving process;
- Be responsible for continuous improvements to equipment productivity;
- Support the maintenance team in solving complex problems related to the plant's machinery;
- Meet with equipment suppliers and/or services or engineering consultants to assess the pertinence of the products or services they offer;
- Produce cost estimates for projects;
- Supervise and manage resources and personnel for the projects for which you are responsible;
- Prepare work schedules and layout of machinery;
- Supervise installation and perform an appropriate follow-up once the project is finalized;
- Identify and solve health & safety and equipment performance problems;
- Bring projects to fruition while respecting costs and schedules, and with appropriate follow-up;
- Carry out any other task related to your duties.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or automated production engineering, or other relevant education;
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in the manufacturing sector;
- Member of the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec;
- Highly fluent in spoken and written French and English;
- Proficient with AutoCAD, SAP integrated management software, MS Office, and MS Project;
- Skilled at finding and negotiating with suppliers.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.