R&D Full Stack Engineer - IoT, cloud and big data technologies
April 10, 2018
Located in the Quebec City Area
Our client is a company that offers cloud computing technology for data collection and management services targeted primarily at the gambling sector, with an international client base. They are currently looking for an R&D project supervisor, to work on the development of a new service based on IoT, Cloud and Big data Technologies.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the chief technology officer, your job will mainly consist of serving as the head of development of a new service based on IoT, cloud and big data technologies, right from concept development through to the service launch. As such, you will:
- Provide technical leadership for the project;
- Take part in feasibility studies and the development of roadmaps for the product and technologies;
- Define the scope of the development project: establish steps for carrying out the project, timeframes, risks, and project budgets;
- Ensure that the project is developed quickly and meticulously in order to meet time, quality, and development cost expectations;
- Meet specifications, particularly with regards to functionality and performance;
- Develop a high level of expertise on cloud and IoT technologies;
- Manage schedules for carrying out the work;
- Manage the team assigned to the project: assign tasks, follow up with team members, make sure that work quality expectations and schedules are met;
- Conduct a technology watch in order to stay on top of new trends in the market and client needs;
- Take part in various meetings relevant to your role and inform management of developments in your work;
- Write up various reports;
- Carry out any other task related to your duties.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, software engineering, or other relevant studies;
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in the technology sector;
- Experience with project management or project engineering;
- Proficient with Microsoft technologies : .NET, CORE.NET, Azure, Service Fabric;
- Expertise DevOp, Continuous Integration and Automation (Jenkins) and container Dockers;
- Knowledge of Microservice architecture;
- Bilingual (spoken and written French and English);
- Able to organize, plan, manage priorities, and work under pressure;
- Available to travel occasionally.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.