Estimator (Custom Industrial Equipment)
June 20, 2018
Located in the Lanaudière Region
Our client is a manufacturing company, specializing in the manufacture of custom-made industrial equipment made mainly for the oil-refining and petrochemical industry, with an international client base. They are currently looking for an estimator.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the marketing director, your job will mainly consist of producing cost estimates for each project for which the company has decided to bid or has been invited to tender, as well as serving as a contact person when winning bids move into production. As such, you will:
- Complete estimates within required timeframes;
- Study plans and specifications with a view to preparing bids;
- Follow up with the client throughout the bidding process;
- Prepare and send tenders to clients;
- Work with the various departments involved in the estimation process: engineering, production, buying, sales and marketing;
- Revise tenders with company management or with project managers likely to take on the project before the deadline for tenders;
- Report any instances of non-compliance to tenders and submit a solution, where necessary;
- Establish sustainable contacts with subcontractors, suppliers, etc;
- Carry out any other task related to your duties.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering, college diploma in mechanical engineering, or other education;
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience;
- Knowledgeable of ASME Code and pressure vessels (an asset);
- Proficient in spoken and written French and English;
- Proficient with AutoCAD;
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.