Human Resources Coordinator
June 26, 2018
Located in the Montreal Area
Our client is a large company specializing in the rolling and casting of metal products. They are currently looking for a human resources coordinator.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the director of human resources, your job will be to provide a variety of services as a human resources specialist, as well as providing employee relations support. In addition, you will apply HR policies, procedures, and programs to salaried and unionized employees, hourly pay, benefits, health/safety, and recruitment, as well as partnering with and supporting the various levels of the organization. As such, you will:
- Take part in establishing and developing HR goals and objectives;
- Keep various HR systems up to date, completing and saving reports from various sources and completing various corporate applications, such as: Employee Central, HRHFM, training tracking software, etc.;
- Be responsible for recruiting hourly workers (recruitment, hiring, orientation, etc.);
- Be in charge of follow-up on evaluations of new employees;
- Be responsible for processing hourly workers' pay;
- Manage benefits packages;
- Coordinate communications with retirees;
- Keep all employee files up to date (staff, insurance, training, CNESST);
- Keep the records of certifications and the table of salaried workers' training needs up to date;
- Manage the employee training file;
- Complete the annual training report for the provincial government;
- Actively contribute to the Committee on Pay Equity;
- Manage different programs for employees such as EAP, physical fitness, recognition, medical exams, etc;
- Be responsible for bulletin boards as well as electronic displays;
- Follow up on absenteeism;
- Be responsible for the uniform program;
- Serve as a contact person for HR;
- Take part in and provide support for social activities such as the children's Christmas party, annual BBQ, etc.;
- Be responsible for publishing the house organ (serve as editor of the in-house magazine);
- Carry out any other required or assigned task relating to your duties.
- Bachelor's degree in human resources management, business administration, industrial relations, or any other relevant education (college diploma, university certificate, etc.);
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience;
- Experience in the manufacturing sector (an asset);
- Bilingual (spoken and written French and English);
- Skilled with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.);
- Excellent judgment and communication skills;
- Able to deal with problematic situations.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.