August 16, 2018
Located in the Montreal Area
Our client is a large food processing company that is currently looking for a maintenance supervisor for one of its plants.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the plant manager, your job will mainly consist of managing, planning, and organizing the operations of the maintenance department, as well as supervising the team involved in the department, within the context of the established budget. As such, you will:
- Manage the maintenance of the plant's infrastructure;
- Maintain the production equipment so that it works efficiently, with maximum availability;
- Analyze breakdowns to solve problems at the source;
- Modify equipment (or infrastructure) to improve reliability;
- Manage costs in compliance with the budget;
- Manage all operations of the thermal power plant effectively and efficiently;
- Control the bodily security of employees (individual protection equipment, tools in order, work permits, hot work and lockout permits);
- Ensure that standards related to workplace health and safety are applied;
- See to it that the collective agreement is applied, and that your team develops the necessary technical skills;
- Plan inspections, establish a maintenance calendar, and analyze the working of equipment in order to prevent possible breakdowns;
- Evaluate the various tasks to be carried out and plan them out (materials required, priorities, task log, calls for tender, respect for security standards), within the established budgets;
- Evaluate possible losses of the thermal power plant, identify the presence of leaks, and implement an activities program that allows for close monitoring of such problems;
- Select the best subcontractors through a rigorous selection process;
- Monitor assurance costs, analyze fluctuations in them, and take corrective action if necessary;
- Carry out any other task related to your duties.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, automated production engineering, or other relevant engineering studies;
- Member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec (an asset);
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in maintenance management;
- Good command of spoken and written French and English;
- Experience working in a unionized environment;
- Proficient with standard computer-based tools.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.