Mechanical Design Draftsperson
April 30, 2019
Located in the Montérégie Region
Our client is a leader in the agri-food industry, with a presence in Canada and over 60 countries. They are currently looking for a mechanical design draftsperson.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the department director, your job will primarily consist of designing and, using Solidworks, 3D modelling manufacturing equipment. As such, you will:
- Discuss with project managers in order to produce 3D models of the equipment and / or part as requested based on client needs;
- Produce technical drawings of the equipment and / or the part;
- If needed, take various measurements on site where the equipment will be installed;
- Produce parts manuals for the client;
- Correct and check drawings before submitting them to the production team;
- Ensure that the manufactured equipment is compliant with the specifications and technical drawings generated;
- Carry out any other task related to your duties.
- College diploma in mechanical engineering or vocational diploma in drafting;
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience;
- Proficient with Solidworks software (an asset);
- Knowledgeable of workplace health and safety laws, HACCP and SQF programs, and experience in the food industry are considered assets;
- Meticulous and able to work under pressure and with a team.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.