Designer / Project Supervisor (stainless steel equipment)
January 23, 2019
Located in the Chaudière-Appalaches Region
Our client is a manufacturing company specializing in designing and manufacturing a wide range of custom equipment for the agri-food industry. In order to pursue their growth as a company, they are currently looking for a project supervisor.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the head of engineering, your job will be to carry out automated manufacturing equipment projects, from the design phase all the way through to delivery and post-installation support, working alongside the company's team of professionals, as well as managing client relations and monitoring schedules and budgets. As such, you will:
- Make sure that you meet and thoroughly understand clients' expectations and get all the relevant information needed to create a business proposal allowing the company to stand out above the competition;
- Thoroughly know the specifications set out by clients in order to correctly understand their needs before and after delivery;
- Prepare the documentation needed for writing up business proposals;
- Keep the client and the sales team informed of progress on the project, issues that arise, and potential solutions, evaluating changes in terms of cost, timeframes, and quality;
- Design and/or take part in the design process of mechanical systems or components, including specifications, form, function, and assembly;
- Actively participate in the process of project management (with internal and external parties);
- Ensure that designs that will be used as references for manufacturing equipment as well as related bills of material are compliant with specifications;
- Communicate relevant information about your projects with stakeholders (production, SAS, sales, engineering, supply, etc.);
- Respond to every request in order to grow and maintain our clients' level of satisfaction and to stay on top of any potential dissatisfaction;
- Carry out any other task related to your duties.
- Bachelor's degree or college diploma in mechanical engineering or other relevant studies;
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience;
- Substantial experience designing equipment;
- Knowledge of 3D design software (SolidWorks);
- Functionally bilingual (spoken and written English and French).
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.