Building Project Supervisor
January 29, 2019
Located in the Quebec City Area
Our client is a construction contractor that has carried out both private and public projects in the commercial, institutional, and industrial sectors, in addition to serving as a builder/developer for various large-scale real estate projects. They are currently looking for a project supervisor.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the regional director, your job will be to plan, organize, oversee, and control various building construction projects. As such, you will:
- Plan, supervise, and monitor your projects daily;
- Coordinate with the superintendent on an ongoing basis;
- Prepare the schedule and monitor its application;
- Follow up with the project management assistant to make sure you have all required documents;
- Analyze project plans and specifications;
- Validate shop drawings passed on to you by the project management assistant before sending them for approval;
- Lead project meetings with clients when applicable;
- Take part in site meetings with subcontractors;
- Fill out change notice forms;
- Approve invoices from suppliers and subcontractors;
- Prepare calls for tenders in cooperation with the estimation department and organize subcontractor visits;
- Evaluate the percentage of progress made on construction for monthly requests for payment;
- Manage project closure;
- Carry out any other task related to your duties.
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering, construction engineering, or architecture or any other relevant education/training;
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in a similar position working on commercial, institutional, or industrial projects;
- Member of the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec;
- Proficient with the following software: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Project;
- Proficient in spoken and written French and English;
- Construction site health and safety card.
Salary and condition
Salary and conditions according to company's policy and candidate's experience.
The location shown on the map is approximate and is included for information purposes only.